Banana Ghost Pops is a spooky delight as it is a sweet and healthy treat for Halloween Festivities. These pops are fun, super easy and no bake Halloween treats for kids and adults to enjoy on Halloween.
Banana Ghost Pops
I like this recipe because it is creative as it is yummy. It also doesn’t take much time and ingredients to make. Although I made this recipe with only three ingredients, it is packed with yummy goodness, and my kids LOVE it!
This recipe showcases the decadence of white chocolate complemented by the fresh taste of the fruit that is sure to be a hit for all ages – and ghosts – alike.
I used a bamboo skewer to hold the bananas (the ghost body). Also, lollipop sticks are sturdy and can hold the bananas well. This is also safer when working with kids.
Honestly, I also find this recipe a unique and enjoyable treat to give out to the best trick-or-treaters in town!
Why This Recipe Works?
- It’s super easy to make.
- It’s family-friendly!
- Adults can also join in the fun!
- You can get creative with this dish.
- It fits the Halloween Theme well.
- Made with only 3 ingredients.
- This is the best Halloween party food on a budget.
"See the recipe card below for more information about the ingredients and quantities."
White chocolate (melted): White chocolate is the main sweetening agent of this recipe. I use it to coat the bananas and to give them that classic “ghost” design.
Bananas: Bananas will serve as the body/base of this recipe. I recommend using fresh bananas to have your dessert last longer. Avoid bananas with lots of brown spots on their peels.
Tip: Overripe or old bananas will tend to be very mushy and might not hold their shape well.
Edible candy eyeballs: These edible googly eyes complete the “ghost” design of your recipe. I bought them online.
How to Make Banana Ghost Pops - Step By Step
One: Cut each banana to half and then freeze for 30 minutes.
Two: In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate for 30-60 seconds until melted.
Tip: Make sure that your chocolate is fully melted before dipping. It should not have any big chunks of chocolate in the mixture.
Three: Take out the frozen bananas from the freezer. Now, push a bamboo skewer into each banana, then dip the top half of each banana into the white chocolate. Tap off any excess chocolate from the banana
Four: Stick on two of the candy eyeballs to make your banana ghosts.
Tip: Make it more creative by standing your ghost pops in a cauldron to complete the spooky vibe.
Five: Stand the banana pops up in a long glass to dry, then serve!
Tip: Allow the chocolate to set before serving for a less messy and more fun experience.
- Chocolate chips are also a good substitute for eyes if you don’t have edible googly eyes.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative! Add in some sprinkles for a sweeter, more colorful Banana ghost!
Frequently Asked Questions
They will last for 3 days when refrigerated.
Allow the chocolate on each banana to settle. To make this faster, make sure to tap off any excess chocolate. Chocolate settles fast, so allow for about 1-2 minutes before serving.
More Snack Recipes
- Cabbage Patties
- Easy Chocolate Tiffin
- Honey Butter Popcorn
- Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- Coconut Popcorn Recipe
- Raspberry Flapjacks
Banana Ghost Pops
- 100 g White chocolate
- 2 large Bananas
- 8 Edible candy eyeballs
- Cut each banana in half and then freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate for 30-60 seconds until melted.
- Now, push a bamboo skewer into each banana then, dip the top half of each banana into the white chocolate, and then stick on two of the candy eyeballs to make your ghost.
- Stand the banana pops up in a long glass to dry, then serve!