This Honey Butter Popcorn is one of the most delicious popcorn flavors I have ever tasted. It has a sweet and salty taste with a crunch texture. Plus, it is easy to make using just a pot and stovetop and will be ready in just a few minutes.
Honey Butter Popcorn
I always make sure to include this homemade popcorn recipe in our game or movie night menus to serve something delicious for my family.
Each popcorn popping in your mouth boasts that rich buttery, sweet and salty combination that I am sure you will like A LOT.
This easy snack is also budget-friendly, and Kids and adults love it.
Full information on ingredients and quantities is in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Popcorn Kernels. I use yellow popcorn kernels.
Oil: I popped the popcorn kernels in vegetable oil.
Butter. I use unsalted butter. It adds a delicate touch to your bowl of popcorn.
Honey. Honey gives a sweet and warm flavor to this popcorn recipe.
Vanilla Extract. Vanilla extract and honey are the best combos for flavoring your popcorn.
Salt. I add just a little bit to balance the flavor.
How to Make Honey Butter Popcorn - Step by Step
One: In a large pot, add the oil and popcorn kernels over medium heat. Shake the pot constantly as the popcorn starts to pop.
Tip: Do not use too much oil lest you turn your popcorn greasy and unappealing to touch and taste. I used just enough oil to heat and pop the kernels.
Tip: Make sure to use medium heat because high heat will cause the oil to burn, and the popcorn will have a weird burnt taste.
Two: Transfer the popcorn into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Three: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, and stir in honey until well mixed. Now, turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
Four: Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Sprinkle salt on top and serve.
Variations And Substitutions
- Add more warmth that can easily blend well with the honey and vanilla extract by adding cinnamon to your flavorings!
- Where are all the spicy lovers? Turn this recipe into a sweet, salty, and spicy popcorn by sprinkling cayenne pepper before serving.
- You may make this honey popcorn recipe without butter; you can use vegetable oil instead. However, the taste will be different.
I don't recommend refrigerating or freezing popcorn. You have to serve this popcorn right away so that the fluff and crunch will still be present when you start eating it. Popcorn will lose all of its desirable texture when refrigerated or frozen.
More Snack Recipes
I hope you like this recipe! Follow Recipe Tale on Pinterest to keep up-to-date with all new recipes.
Honey Butter Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a large pot, add oil and popcorn kernels over medium heat. Shake the pot constantly as the popcorn starts to pop.
- Transfer the popcorn into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, and stir in honey until well mixed. Now, turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Sprinkle salt on top and serve.