Super easy and quick Microwave Chocolate Cake baked in the microwave for just 7 minutes, made with simple ingredients and topped with chocolate ganache. It is moist, fluffy and chocolaty.
Quick Chocolate Cake Recipe In The Microwave
I am a chocolate lover! And I really enjoyed this dessert; it has the most chocolatey, moist, and decadent taste I have ever tasted.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert to make for your family, look for nothing more because this recipe is for you. Making this dessert takes less than 10 minutes with no oven preheating needed!
This is such a simple yet rich dessert that you can serve on so many occasions. A few decorations here and there will already make the cake festive enough for a party!
So get ready to be blown away by the flavorful taste and velvety texture of this Microwave Chocolate Cake!
"See the recipe card below for more information about the ingredients and quantities."
Sunflower Oil. Sunflower oil has a light texture with a neutral flavor that will not overpower the taste of the chocolate in the recipe while giving the whole cake a light and moist texture as well. Coconut oil and vegetable oil work fine too.
Caster Sugar. Caster Sugar dissolves quickly, so using this as a sweetener in highly recommended.
Flour. I use all purpose flour (Plain Flour) in making this cake.
Cocoa Powder. I prefer unsweetened cocoa powder for intense chocolate flavor.
Baking Powder. It is a great leavening agent for this simple cake recipe. It prevents your cake from becoming too dense and rock-hard.
Eggs. I use 2 large eggs.
Vanilla Extract. It improves the flavor.
Chocolate Sprinkles. I add chocolate sprinkles to decorate my microwave cake in the simplest way possible; it will give some crunch to the texture, too!
For The Chocolate Ganache, I use dark chocolate and heavy cream.
Tip: Yes, you can use milk instead of double cream, but the ganache may be not as rich. You can also use dairy-free milk such as soy milk, oat milk or almond milk.
How to Make Microwave Chocolate Cake
One: Line 22 cm microwave-safe pan with parchment paper.
Two: In a bowl, mix (dry ingredients) sugar, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
Three: Whisk in (wet ingredients) oil, vanilla extract, eggs and hot water until combined.
Four: Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and microwave on full power (800 watts) for about 7 minutes.
Five: After that, check if the cake is fully cooked by poking a toothpick into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
Six: Allow the cake to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Seven: To make the ganache: In a small bowl, add the chocolate and the cream and microwave for about 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
Eight: Spread the ganache on top of the cooled cake and scatter with the sprinkles.
Best Cake Pans to Use In The Microwave
I used a glass microwave-safe pan, you may also use a silicone cake mold, or you can even disrepute the cake batter between 4 microwave-safe mugs.
- You can pour the batter into 4 large microwave safe mugs if you like. Enjoy it mug cake-style!
- When cooking the cake in the microwave, make sure to use a microwave-safe pan to prevent any accidents.
- Be sure to mix the batter thoroughly to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- For added texture and flavor, consider adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
- Top your microwave cake with caramel sauce, cream cheese frosting, and chocolate hazelnut spread, or just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
- If you would like to try this recipe without eggs, you can replace them with ¼ cup of apple sauce, greek yogurt, mashed banana or peanut butter.
- You can use milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even unsweetened chocolate, depending on your preference.
To store: I store the leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To Freeze: I cut the entire cake into slices, wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe container. The cake will last for up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
Easy Cake Recipes
- Lemon Victoria sponge
- Jam and Coconut Cake
- Orange Drizzle Cake
- Naked Chocolate Cake
- Hazelnut Cake
- Cherry Cake Recipe
Quick Microwave Chocolate Cake
- 140 g all purpose flour
- 160 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache
- 100 g dark chocolate , broken into pieces
- 5 tablespoon double cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles , optional
- Line 22 cm microwave-safe pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.140 g all purpose flour , 160 g caster sugar, 3 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Whisk in oil, vanilla extract, eggs and hot water until combined.2 large eggs, 100 ml sunflower oil, 100 ml hot water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and microwave on full power (800 watts) for about 7 minutes.
- After that, check if the cake is fully cooked by poking a toothpick into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool completely on a cooling rack.
To make the ganache
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate and the cream and microwave for about 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.100 g dark chocolate, 5 tablespoon double cream
- Spread the ganache on top of the cooled cake and scatter with the sprinkles.1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles